Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset for 7310

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesch

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have a customer that needs a headset on a 616 with a 7310 set. I ordered a Plantronics s11 headset and it doesn't work. The headset works, but the handset doesn't. I plugged the handset into the back of the s11 and the s11 into both jacks on the phone and niether one worked.

Is the s11 the wrong one? Is there programming
I'm missing on the Norstar besides making the set handsfree?

If the headset is the wrong one, what should I order? Any help would be great.

Thanks alot.

EB

Go to the back of the 7310 and plug the handset into the handset jack, then plug the headset into the headset jack. Make sure that the telephone is configured for Handsfree:auto. to use this as a regular phone you should just pick up the handset and to use it as headset punch the handsfree button to activate the headset jack.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I don't know about the s11, but the m11 has a door on the side with a tool on the bottom. Behind the door is a 6 position selector switch. If yours has it, try different settings. And I believe Jerry is right about that although I have seen it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back