Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headers in Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cia2a

Technical User
Aug 8, 2000
US
Is it possible to have multiple headers in an Excel speadsheet. [sig][/sig]

What do you mean by multiple headers?

Give us an example of what you are trying to do. [sig][/sig]

Sheet 1 has 24 pages all with a custom header, can I have another header on page 24 along with the existing header. Or, do I just enter text in blank cells and use that as another header. [sig][/sig]

CIA: Better to make the height of row 1 an inch or so (72 pts). Then use the drawing toolbar to put a textbox up there with your header in it. That way, it won't interfere with your data sorting and other functions... [sig]<p> <br><a href=mailto:techsupportgirl@home.com>techsupportgirl@home.com</a><br><a href= </a><br> [/sig]

You would need to use VBA to change the header based on the page being printed.

The simple solution would be as you suggest and add the additional text at the top of page 24 on your worksheet.

To give you a blunt answer to you question:

No you can't have multiple headers on the same worksheet. But you can change the header at print time with VBA code as a workaround. [sig][/sig]

or you can simply copy all your data into different worksheet and then apply a different headed on each sheet. Good Luck [sig][/sig]

You can set up the spreadsheet with first desired header. Hit View-Custom Views-Add. Give this view a name and hit ok.

Change the header to the second desired and Hit View-Custom Views-Add. Give this view a name and hit ok.

And so forth. When you want to change the header, go to view-custom view, select that view and print.

Codes easier but I know not everybody likes code in their files. [sig]<p> <br><a href=mailto:techsupportgirl@home.com>techsupportgirl@home.com</a><br><a href= </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back