Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware Raid 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseybc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
US
I have inherited a Compaq Proliant 3000 server. I can't find the hardware RAID controller utility but I am told this machine has hardware raid 5. Is it possible the utility isn't installed? Where do I find it if it is installed?

were there any compaq cd's bundled with your server? if so, you want the one labled "smart start"... that cd has a gui called the compaq array configuration utility for setting up arrays with your adapter. but you don't need the cd or the gui to create or manage your arrays. watch the console during post, once the array controller starts up it will display a message with a certain key combination you can press to configure the adapter (and it's arrays)... I don't remember the key combination off hand, but it should be easy enough to find out.

hope this helps!

You can get an up to date driver from Compaq's website for the operating system you intend to run, but, as htm3 says, the card's BIOS should initialise on startup and offer a key combination for access.

HTH Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back