Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

guys quick question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
say you have text that you have on a path around a globe..and you want that text to rotate around the globe right..made it a symbol, motion tweened frames..in the first frame the text is set..you goto the last frame of the tween and rotate the text all the way around the globe almost back to it's identical position in the first frame..well when you play the movie instead of flash rotating the text all the way around the globe the way the tween is it automatically goes in reverse taking the shortest route back to the texts origen..thus eliminating the effect of the path tween..

how do i get around this :) no pun intended..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

I had a similar problem. I had my symbol rotate 180 degrees to one keyframe and then -1 degrees to the final keyframe. It worked for me. Good luck.

Adam

Sort of ran in the same problem... Don't think I solved it!
Have you tried 2 tweens (180 degrees) instead of one?
What kind of rotation are you looking for?

As for first.html, if you followed my advice and it works, you haven't updated your swf on F2s, 'cause it's still the same.

As for 123.html... What are you looking for? Seamless frameset? At least for top & left? What about those flas you were suppose to make available?

;-)

Can't download? CANNOT FIND SERVER (DNS ERROR)
And you haven't answered other questions!
;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back