Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping pasted images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smirrors

Technical User
Mar 14, 2008
GB
Hi, Scenario: I start a new image (say A3 in size as this will be a poster) and copy and paste half a dozen .jpg images onto it (no problem there) - I can move and resize the jpg's fine and get them where i want them. I then want to move all six images (or resize all six images) together, - in the old Corelpaint I would simply select them all with the mouse (drawing a big square around them) and it was all simple. PSP however doesn't let me....

It also doesen't let me select and group them from the layers docker, (even when pressing shift and clicking)

Is this a layers thing? is there a way to do this?

Have finally found out how to do this ... (not as Corel's help file suggests ... but I got there by "linking layers" then "merging down") and it appears once grouped it is not something easily undone ... Big shame really as this was a great piece of functionality in Corel Photopaint that seems to have been lost.

Nice software though, - but missing some features from previous incarnations that were nice and in no need of being dropped... (see otehr post on "psychadelic & solarize" ... if anyone knows where these have gone please let me know!!!!!

Photopaint and Photoshop are 2 different Applications, which would explain why some things are missing.

Photo Shop was bought by Corel from another company (JASC), and so retained most of its tools from the JASC days, while not adding many from Photo Paint.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Ah ... that makes sense - thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back