Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
Hello,

I'm having an issue setting up internal paging to a hunt group. I set up a hunt group (775) and tried to create a button using the dial paging option, acion data 775. When the customer presses the button, it just rings the phones instead of paging. Is there some setting that I may be missing?

Create a short code with feature dial paging to group 775. Add that short code to the button.

Did that. I set this up on a demo system I have, and it works. It shouldn't matter if it's 9508's versus 9608's, right?

Very strange. I have the same button set up on my system:

Action: Dial Paging
Action Data: Ext number of group set up just for paging

What I did was set up a specific group for the phones that need to be paged instead of using a normal group. It's a standard hunt group just called PageAllGroup, excluded from directory, sequential ring mode, Queuing off, Overflow off.

Works with no problems at all with a mix of digital and IP phones (SIP & H.323)

I'm on R11.1.2.3 (build 47)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Westi, I have tried that as well. I tried taking all but one phone out of the group to see if an extension was causing the issue, and no change. This is an odd one.

tac84,

Could it be that i have a collective group set up instead of sequential? How does that work if you want all the phones to be paged at once?

Wait, what was that "Works with no problems at all with a mix of digital and IP phones (SIP & H.323)".

Can you be a bit clearer about when it works and when it doesn't work, what types of phones are involved in each case, what type of IP Office systems they are attach to, etc.

Personally I would create a Page button with no number set and then use that try test paging to different individual phones and groups to narrow down the point of failure.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

my page groups are all collective and work so sequential may not work actually.

Try to create a new group with a different number and see if the group programming is corrupted.

Also make sure that at least 1 phone is actually plugged in and doesn't have DND activated when you test

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@sizbut - "Works with no problems at all with a mix of digital and IP phones (SIP & H.323)". meaning just that sorry. I have no example of this not working for me. I’ve never had a problem with the feature.

@rval80 posted the problem, I just posted my example of it working to help with troubleshooting.

My system is R11.1.2.3 (47) on IPO 500v2 Essential edition.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Sorry, my fault, didn't spot that "Works with no problems at all with a mix of digital and IP phones (SIP & H.323)" was from you @tac84 rather than the original poster @rval80.

Which means that statement is what we would all expect from an IP Office system.

My suspicions:

- Wrong firmware on some of the phones.

- A codec mismatch (paging something like G722 when some of the phones are on a IP500 branch that can do that).

- 'Extension | Extn | Disable Speakerphone' being on. Never ever touched it but assume it turns page calls into normal ringing.

- Something hinky with 'Extension | VoIP | 3rd Party Auto Answer'. That's only meant to be for non-Avaya SIP phones but if they have the wrong firmware they might not be being recognised correctly.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back