Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gray on gray menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
I'm trying to debug a legacy C# system based on .net framework 2.0SP0 and VS2003. About once a fortnight, I seem to get this strange problem where the menus on the menu bar disappear on every single dialog. I'd understand it if it was just the application but every menu is affected: including dropdowns and popups. If I pop up a new windows explorer, it is also affected: so is the start bar. The only way around it is to logout and login again if you can remember exactly which blank line is logout.

I don't know if it is a programming bug or just a feature of VS2003/.netfw2.0. The question:
1) has anyone experienced this before
2) does this happen on later versions of .net framework or after upgrading to a later SP?
3) is there a fix for it?

I've been looking at MSDN and haven't found anything yet or maybe I'm not using the right keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back