Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Got A+, which network+ exam now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadbird8

Technical User
Jun 6, 2012
US
There are so many different exams and I don't know what they all mean. I'm guessing the Network+ 004 isn't as new as the 005. My other question is this... is there any discount or anything for having completed the A+ test as well? I did my testing thru Pearson VUE.

Thanks!

I don't think that there's a discount on the exams UNLESS you register as a CompTIA member (which I think is done on a per-company basis, though I assume you could do so with an independent "business"). The CompTIA members used to get discounts on the exam vouchers.

The current version of CompTIA Network+, exam code N10-005, was released Dec. 1, 2011. I'm not sure why the 04 version is still out there, but it goes away at August 31, 2012. Unless you think that you can be ready and pass it by then, I'd just aim for the 05. The only reason I can see for taking the 04 is if you had specifically studied and prepared for the 04 and don't know the material that has been added for the 05.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back