Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Google Home Page Display Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpdrve

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2002
US
Hi all:

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and Internet Explorer 9. All of a sudden, my Google home page chat section has not been displaying properly (although sometimes, it miraculously works again, but most doesn't). Closing IE9 and re-opening doesn't fix it either.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It doesn't happen on my laptop running Win7, nor does it happen on my Macbook in Safari. I'm thinking it has to be a setting or a corrupted add-in?

I tried rolling back to a restore point before this happened but it seem to still be happening. Could it have been one of the Windows / Microsoft updates? Note, I don't want to switch to another browser because that really doesn't "fix" the problem, only avoids it.

I've included a screen grab of the area on my home page in question.

Googleerror.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.]

Sounds like you should empty your browser cache, there is probably a corrupt file that is locked in the cache.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Yeah, cleaning browser cache sounds like a good number 1 before any of my steps. Personally, I'd use CCleaner rather than just cleaning out the cache in IE. That will whack any temp files that might be bugging you as well.

Believe it or not, it turned out to be a problem with the "Theme" I was using on the iGoogle home page ... once I changed the theme, all seemed to work correctly.

Thank you to all who replied with suggestions.

<m>

Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back