Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generating Email from MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

illini

Technical User
Aug 2, 2002
FR
Is it possible to generate an email (via Lotus Notes 4.6) from Access 2000 without sending the email?

I'm looking to provide the user the ability to generate an email and review it before sending it. All the code I've come accross sends the email automatically.

-illini

I have a similar problem. I have two users who can't send email from ACCESS, Excel or Word. Message says it cannot find file \mail\username.nsf. It sounds like you have gotten past this point. It is confusing for us because only these two people have the problem. It works for all of our other users.

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to ask the same question. I don't want to send the email automatically. I just want to open the lotus notes window and let the users type the massage and send the email by themself. How to write the code using VBA in MS Access 2000?

see Thread73-368376 - this has some VBA code example of email with a link to angelfire website that has more informatoin about VBA to Notes.

HTH

Leslie
landrews@metrocourt.state.nm.us

There are 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary
and
those who don't!

yunyunliang,
Create a report using the wizard, and select whatever fields you want to appear in the body of the report from your table/form.
Next, create a command button on your form, and using the wizard, select Report Operations, then Mail Report.
Next, select your required report and that's about it.
When the command button is clicked, it will open your default mail program, and load the selected report into the body of the e-mail. The recipient and subject line will need to be completed manually, and the body text can be altered to suit.

HTH,

Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back