Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generate SQL Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketankshah

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
IN
How can I generate SQL script from MS Access database for selected tables like we can do it in MS SQL Server?

How can we export data from a local Access DB to the DB located on remote server?

Ketan

I believe the answer to your first question is to create an SQL statement and save it by giving it a name (stored procedure).

Select Append Query for your second problem. You will be asked if the receiving table is in the current or another database. When you select another database, you will be given the select database option box which will show your remote sight as an option, follow the yellow brick road, select the remote site, select the database, select the table.

mac

For my first question, I want a utility somewhat like 'Generate SQL script' utility in MS SQL Server. I want to generate 'Create table...' script from my existing MS Access database so that I can run this script on my remote server to create the same table there.

For the second question, I tried it on MS Access 2000. I did get the dialog box in Append Query, but on choosing Another database it was showing a text box to enter Filename. I was not getting any option to select my remote site. However I gave my filename as ' but while running the query it was showing an error, not a valid file. The file already exists on the remote server. What am I doing wrong?

Ketan

Ketan, there are others far more proficient than I am in accessing data on a remote site. If you don't get a response to your current request, trying posting again with the header, "Accessing remote database."

mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back