Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3si

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommoGuy101

Technical User
Nov 6, 2009
US
Hi everyone,
I have a G3si.
Our monitor is dead now and I need to get connected to the system.
Can I connect a laptop directly somehow to make changes that are needed?
I have a TN771 maintenance card, can I connect using it?
I have a laptop with ASA.
Any help would be great.

Thank you,
CommoGuy101

If you look at the back of the system cabinet, there should be a comms cable going from a port marked Terminal. If there is, it should go to the terminal. You should be able to use that to link to your PC. Wiring depends on if you are in the UK or not.

G3si comes in many flavors. Definity software version?
INADS line would be first choice when you have a dead SAT and
don't know other options for your specific switch.

Other means are local data-module extension calling to netcon hunt-group extension. g3v9 and higher can have CLAN with IP connectivity for ASA or remote telnet connections over the company network.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

You can connect using your laptop to the "terminal" port with ASA...you will have to makeup a cable if your laptop doesn't have a serial port on it...it's an RS232 connection...Not a big deal just much futzing around to get the cable to work...I would do like Tier3 suggested and use the "rmats" line and a modem to dial in...easier by far !!!!

Good Luck

...bob...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back