Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G/L Subledger

Status
Not open for further replies.

prog_0927

Programmer
Jan 3, 2022
US
Macola Progression 7.9.310

There are items that are getting into the IM Transactions table (IMINVTRX_SQL) and in G/L (IMDISFIL_SQL) but they are not posting to subledger. Transaction and inventory wise the $ add up but it shows variance on the G/L. Is there a staging table for things that are going to be posted from subledger (i.e.: another table) that is involved in this process. I see nothing different whatsoever in the data on the DB between what was posted versus what was not. The source is an in-house SQL transaction, just feel a step is being missed to make sure it gets posted. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

The IMDISFIL_SQL is the staging table. There is a field int_fg which indicates with a Y or N if that transaction has been posted to subledger or not.

In your GL setup, there is a checkbox "interface to GL Jrnl Trx file?" or words to that effect. Is this box checked or not checked?

Macola and Sage 50/Sage 100 Consultant

Check out our Macola tools:

Thank you for the response! I am looking and these transactions all have "Y" on the int_fg, even the ones that we had issue with. In the G/L Setup the "Interface To G/L Journal Trx File is not checked.

So you have IMDISFIL_SQL records with a Y in the int_fg field, but there is no corresponding record in the GLTRXFIL_SQL table? Did I get that right?

The reason I asked about the "Interface To G/L Journal Trx File" flag is if it was checked, it is possible it was never posted or even deleted, and therefore would not be in the GLTRXFIL_SQL table.

Are only certain records not in the GLTRXFIL_SQL table, or just a certain date range? Do you have these records isolated?

It is possible to re0interface and post these records, but it will require some SQL and we have to be very careful.

Macola and Sage 50/Sage 100 Consultant

Check out our Macola tools:

That was it! thank you very much! The init_fg is supposed to be set with NULL in there and the post process looks for that NULL. It then goes by account in the process and when that account is finished it sets the NULL value to Y. Any values set to Y are ignored so we were also able to go back and post each month at a time.
Thanks again for the help on this!

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back