Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FRX errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapch91

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
Hello-

Has anyone ever gotten the following error in FRX-
"Invalid procedure call or arguement"? I get it when I'm trying to generate a report I'm experimenting with.

Any suggestions? Is there some place I can go in FRX to see what various error messages mean? I didn't see anything in the help menu.

Go to the msdn library and look up this error. It's a basic error that will occur when your results just don't work. (sorry I'm not too technical here).

I would suggest taking a look at your building blocks and any other calculations to see if there are any obvious errors in your report formats.

Thanks!
Barb E.

I see that message all the time when we run a report that spans various databases (one for eachy international division in our case). What it usually indicates is that the user running the report does not have access to one or more databases that the report is pulling from. I don't grant full GP access to that company, just SQL read permisssions (we have a SQL role set up for this).

I hope this helps.

Thanks Barb & Big Burcie- I managed to get pass that error- now I'm having fun trying to figure out why the report isn't yielding any data.

Thanks for the input.

Shena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back