Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

frozen screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
when im on the computer the scree freezes and i have tryed pressing ctrl alt and del together, that tell me the system is busy press any key to windows and wait i have done so and waited up to an hour nothing happens, it all tells me i can press ctrl alt del toghter to re start the computer what can i do please help me

Hello, kully sahota.

I won't worry too much if it just happens once for a long while. Otherwise, or if it follows a certain pattern, you should watch the stress on the resources of the system. System is busy (and becoming unstable) may happen for some cases when heavy swapping in and out of memory is on the way, but one hour still nothing indicates the system gets lost in the process. (There is a natural factor of random fluctuation for that.)

I won't bother you with the advice of scandisk/defrag/system resources etc. which may improve performance. But, however the system is fragmented, it only slow it down a bit, but not to make it getting lost in the process which the system is designed and good for .

regards - tsuji

This has happened to me so many times I can't even count them. What I do is simply hit the reset button and let the system reboot itself. That is the only way I know of to get out of the situation. Keep you finger on the up-arrow in case it wants to go into Safe mode while booting up; up it to Normal mode and hit Enter to get it back right again. That might not solve your problem (mine isn't solved either), but it will get you going again instead of waiting an hour for something to happen.

When I turn on my computer with os Windows 98, I get a black screen with the following error message:

Missing or corrupted file C:\CDROM\CDROMDRV>SYS
error configsys file line 5.

Any advice on how to restore my missing or corrupted file?

Assuming it does exist, I would guess the line should have a . not a >

C:\CDROM\CDROMDRV.SYS

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back