Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front end answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novicefiction

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2005
US
I have a question in regards to the front end on the intuity audix. My question is:

Is there a way for:

1. Do customers have to have a security code
2. is there a way to (once logged in) to go straight to the VM messages without having to press 2 then 0
3. I have many customers that have multiple extensions and they only have one mail box. Currently I am using the routing table to route multiple extensions to one mail box, but, I am running out of room. Is there a way to expand this list to enter more customers that want this feature.

I would like to be able to once I press # and password and just start listening to the messages.

you can change the password length to 0 on the system parameters features menu.
dont know of any way to skip direct to the message.
what routing table are you using? how many users are we talking and what release PBX do you have. i have a few workarounds i use to acomplish having multiple extensions go to a different mailbox.

Password - would customers still be able to have a password if the chose

I have a definity G3v8i

I am using the routing table in the intuity audix system

ext bus2 mail box (day) mail box (night)

yes they can still have a password but they are no longer required to.
if your pbx has vectoring turned on you can create a new coverage path that points towards a vdn that looks at a vector in which the first step is goto messaging xx for extension yyy. xx is the hunt group number and yyy is the extesnion of the real mbox. this assumes you have CLAN integration from the pbx to the intuity. if you dont have either of these you can always build a phantom mailbox of the dummy extension. give that mailbox an AA class of service, and set the timeout to do a call answer to the real mailbox. turn the timeout timer all the way down and recors a second of silence (or record something telling the caller is being transfered to vmail)

Sorry to ask - but where is the system parameters features options - I am looking in the audix system and I am not finding it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back