Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freeze text

Status
Not open for further replies.

lode

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
BE
Hi,

I made a template in Word 2000.
Is it possible to freeze the text and images so when somebody uses the template, he can not change anything from the template ?

Thanks.
Lode

Have you tried to save it as a .dot file?

You could also set it up as a form where users can only enter teh fields you want them to.

----
A program is a spell cast over a computer, turning input into error messages.

Thanks for your reply.
It is saved as a dot file but then you can change the text or images.
I don't want to set it up as form.

I too would suggest setting it up as a form, but as a modified form. You don't have to have form fields or anything, just section the document so that there are the "locked" sections and the "unlocked" sections. It will look just like a regular document.

Seperate the document into the sections, using a section break (probably continuous). Some you will want people to be able to manipulate, some you want to be left as is. Next, go into the protect document as a form, click sections and uncheck the areas you want people to be able to manipulate. You can choose to use or not use the password option.

The document will look exactly the same as a regular doc but won't be editable for users in the locked sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back