Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame speed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyzzzzz

Vendor
Mar 28, 2006
US
It's probably a very logical answer but, If I have a clip that is let's say, 1 minute @ 25 fps (1500 frames)and I open it in premiere, I then add a couple of effects to the original frames and decide I want to make it 30 fps and change the time line to 50 seconds will I still have the same frames as I originally started with or, will other frames be added somewhere in the process,

The reason I ask is, if I speed up a video the program will add frames.

Tks Gary

p.s By the way I am very new to premiere, it probably shows eh.

Hi

If you change the time line and keep the frame rate at 30 frames per second then you will change the number of frames.

No matter how fast it appears to run, faster or slower it is still displaying 30 frames for each second that the clip runs.

So if you have a one minute and twenty five second clip and you shorten it to 50 second it will go from 2,250 frames to 1,500 frames.

Mike

Thanks mate,

I have been so into photoshop i.e. frames become layers and then save in quicktime at chosen fps, and in all actuality I knew you loose or gain depending which way one goes, but in the back of my mind there was this little ray of hope that just maybe this program was different.

Okay, that does it "there goes my ray of hope" ha ha

All the best

You can use Interpret Footage under the file menu in Premiere Pro to change the replay rate without affecting individual frames.

If you keep the original replay speed for audio sync but change the frame rate, you will inevitably get interpolated frames whatever software you use.

WOW Yes I say WOW, Thanks Akribie, I knew it had to be possible somewhere. regarding the sound I understand it would probably sound like the chipmonks and I will be using it as a separate file.

Now all I have to do is find a good way to interweave different clips.

actually I am going to use a very very time consuming process (photoshop cs4)and manually weave the clips, fortunately I have this w/e off

Thanks mate

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back