Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidmine

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
US
I have a user (ext 2222) who wants to forward their phone to another user (ext 1111).
The user at est 2222 wants their voicemail to be answered on user 1111's voicemail.
Hopefully this makes sense.
How can I make this happen?

maybe 2222 has a coverage path not to voicemail but to a VDN and a vector that says "messaging split 99 for extension 2222" ? That way anything thru 2222's coverage path forces mailbox 2222.

Or, in system-parameters features there's some chained call-forwarding stuff system-wide so the system can retain the first number (1111) or the last (2222 or 3333 etc) for that stuff.

user is an x port with coverage to 99 which covers to hunt group 99 which is voicemail which is also the same as user 1111. user1111 is not an x port however.

so make a vector/vdn with "messaging split 99 for extension 1111" and make 1111 a new coverage path that goes to that VDN instead.

What I do in this case is remove the Mailbox from ext 2222 and in the Mailbox of 1111 place 2222 in the Additional extension field.
This is assuming you are using AAM

Worth a test

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back