Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formmail log error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkape

MIS
Mar 22, 2001
US
I'm trying to set-up formmail on a virtual server. I modified the script for my domain and changed the permissions to 755. But when formmail is called from the web form, I receive the following error on my browser:
Internal server error.

The log on the server says;
fopen failed to open log file. access denied.

What confuses me is that I don't see anywhere in the formmail.pl file a path to the log file or a reference to a log file.

Can someone shed some light on where the default log file is, if there is one. And how I would specify another log file and directory, in the formmail script, where I could control access rights.

Thanks,
Doug

fopen is not a perl or cgi script error. This is an error from the operating system. You may not be able to access sendmail from a virtual server or your hosting company may not allow certain mail programs to be accessed. Call your hosting copany and ask. There's always a better way...

Disregard this question.

I must have uploaded the script in bin mode and hosed the file. When I resent it via ftp in ascii mode it worked fine.

Learn as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back