Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Folder sharing issue on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

sscott12

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2005
US
I have three vista x64 machine which are all in the same workgroup. I'll call them computers 1,2,3. Computer 1 has shared folders on it to run a furniture store program. Computers two and three have mapped drives to the shared folder and access the database. This has worked for the last two years. It was working Saturday when I quit work. Today when I fired the machines, I got the error message on computers 2 and 3 stating that all network drives could not be connected. They were unable to connect to the shared folder. When I double click on the share listed in explorer it say unable to connect to share. Running diagnostics tells me to check the spelling of the name of the computer. UNC to the share from 2 or 3 tells me check the name for incorrect spelling. The name is correct and has not changed since Saturday Computer 1 can see 2 and 3 and navigate to shares on those computers. Computers 2 and 3 can see each other and navigate to shares. Computer 1 can ping 2 and 3. 2 and 3 cannot ping 1.
Computer 1,2, and 3 have internet. It appears that nothing has changed, how should I continue to troubleshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back