Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash menu links only work once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2005
US
I am a newbie to falsh - I created a flash header for my site, but the wierd thing is that it only seems to work once and then the rest of the hyperlink buttons fail to work...

Has anyone heard of this before?
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Here's the site - its the main nav

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

No, it doesn't have to do with the server, it has to do with ActiveX working with IE, certainn versions had it shut off due to some legal disagreement.

Certain versions of IE7 prompt you to "Click to activate the ActiveX controller"

I need to find a way to work around this so that people that don't have the latest version can use the navigation

Kenneth, I don't understand your statement "do not mix and

No, the active content issue is not related to your problem. However, use SWFObject to overcome the prompt - although Microsoft has already removed the prompt after sorting out the legal disputes.

About my post, you should not mix with and without "www" in your URLs used in Flash. You are using full absolute path in HTML object/embed code with "www" and for buttons in Flash without " I would use relative paths for all of them.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back