Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLAKEY IP OFFICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
I am starting to wish we never went with Avaya. The software is just simply not stable.

We've had an IP office / spectralink install for almost a year. At this point our vender still has not worked out several issues that we have. First, there are major echo problems over our HDSL T1 line - not acceptable considering how common these lines are, the hunt groups have bugs with showing calls when none exists, at times using the call pickup button will grab calls that are already active with another person. Its totally flakey stuff, If I reset the system everything is great for a week or so and this stuff happens with increasing regularity as time goes on. Has anyone else experienced these kind of issues? Does avaya need to go back to the drawing board with this?

what the type of system? modules installed? software installed??

Make sure your running an up to date firmware.... 3.1 (2901)

We have a 406 with a small office on the other side of a T1. Running 2.1.35. v3 was released about two weeks before our install. At that point the vender was not comfortable that the release was stable - i can't image its much worse than what we have.

you might want to upgrade to the latest 2.1, it was release last month, 2.1.62
at least then you can get support from Avaya if you need to escalate?

Our vender does not seem too interested in helping us. They underestimated the time it would take for our job and we are paying for it with crappy service. If I do the upgrade myself, what are the odd's that things won't go well?

it depends on what else you have? VMPro and USER stuff should also be upgraded. USER would be soft console and phone manager

might be a good time to find another vendor

If we are looking at doing this, whats the point in just staying with the 2.1 release? I heard 3.0 is entirely different. Is it worth us paying to have that update done or would we not be gaining anything?

I feel it's dependent on your application, if your system is basic then not, but if you are using some of the advanced features it may be worth it but realize 3.1 has also been released but mostly thats for stuff not supported yet here in the USA. Check out support.avaya.com and get the bulletins for each available software level and that will give you not only the instructions on how to upgrade each piece, but also the fixes made in that paticular level

3.1.48 has been pretty good for me. It seems to be more stable then others. i am not sure of 3.1.59.

AS far as upgraded it really isn't that bad. kind of easy actually.

I would highly suggest upgrading to 3.1.56. There were some decent fixes here that resolved a couple of issues with the previous release that will be handy. Also, if your running anything in the 2.x range, Avaya will not support you. Just be cautious and read the tech doc to see if you need to upgrade the boot loader first to increase the memory. All of this is pretty straight forward.

Version 3.1.56 OK

Have installed on 10 + systems with no problems

Excellent Tech Bulletin PDF on download screen covers the steps in upgrading loader file etc.

Not sure what handsets you are using but 3.1 does NOT support the 20xx DT digital handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back