Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiscal Month Sort

Status
Not open for further replies.

kichu1

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
US
Hi Every one.
Can you please help me on this.

Our Time dimension is based on the fiscal Year which starts on July. My User wants to have an automatic sort when he pulls in the month object in the report. As you know if the user sorts it by month in the report ,Jan will come first. But for them July is the first month.
Do you have any idea how to do a sort based on the fiscal month. Please note that he wants a sort in the report not in the LOV's

Thanks ..

It's not possible unless you prefix the character strings with some sort of number. 01-July, 02-Aug is the only way to do this.

If you build a sort and store it in your default template, then I think it may carry on to all new reports. But this won't help if you are using WebI.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

We have the same issue in our company.
Create a table in your datawarehouse where you have one column indicating the Date (calendar-date) for each day, add a second column where you specify the fiscalmonth.
The table should read
Date FiscalMonth
29/06/2005 2004FM12
30/06/2005 2004FM12
01/07/2005 2005FM01 <--- Change of Fiscal Year
02/07/2005 2005FM01
01/08/2005 2005FM02
etc.
Insert this table to the BusinessObjectsUniverse and join the DateColumn to any other Tables where you have DateInformation, create a dimension Object FiscalMonth where you display this Value, know you can easily sort correctly using this FiscalMonth object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back