Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Any ideas as to how i could make burning text?

Hmmm try using Panopactioum Filters...If not Create a set in Photoshop and map it onto your video in After effects or better still if you know Lightwave 3d ,...just create there veeeery easy to do..ok hope that helped

Or try the silly way i did it. Make your title and color the face of your text blue-screen blue or green-screen green. Build a big fire in your BBQ grill and tape it. Put the fire on a lower level than the text so it will show thru. Voila' Burning text ala "ZULU"

nDanger has it right there. There's no substitute for real fire. Besides... just throw a couple of hot-dogs on the BBQ while it's rendering and reward yourself for a great comp. job!

I saw this in the Total Training Tapes...
Use a zig-zag cutout of red/yellow/orange (like pointy mountians).
Use the wave warp on it a little. Then on a black solid, apply
the foam effect. Make the bubbles big and slow. Then blur the
heck out of it. Pre-comp this with the cutout. Then put it over top
your text. There is alot of fine tuning involved, but it works.

That sounds like a lot of work man. Just fire up the old BBQ and get some natural textures and mask them or whatever. There is no substitute-
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back