Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FDF and PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrkano

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2004
US
We have users that receive both of these (fdf and pdf) in emails. Most users have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional (Windows XP) installed on thier computers. Yet they cannot open these fdf files.

I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 and that seemed to solve the problem. Now, when they need to create PDF's with Adobe Acrobat Pro, they get an error.

Do I need to upgrade my Adobe Acrobat Pro to 7.0? And, what exactly is an fdf file?

Thanks

As for what a FDF is "FDF is the file format used for Acrobat Forms and is used when submitting Form data to a server, receiving a response, and incorporating it back into a Form."

To open a FDF you have to have the coresponding PDF form on your hard drive.

Tony Perkins

FDF is Forms Data Format. It is used for exporting the data from Acrobat forms. The person receiving this usually has the pdf with the form. They open that and then go to Advanced menu/forms/import forms data. Then they select the fdf file.

You can find out more by going to Acrobat Help/Complete Acrobat help and search "fdf"

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back