Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fatal error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbtrader

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2006
US
I am not a programmer but I am wondering if you folks could help us with a Fatal Error message we are receiving. We are running VFP 7.0 on the desktops (XP) even though the VFP code is VFP 9.0. The application is running on Windows 2000 server.
My VFP contract programmer cannot figure out what is causing the error. I don't know if the error message below is enough for you to give me some direction on the resolution, but maybe you could at least explain to me what the fatal error is referring to. Here is the error that we are getting....

Fatal error: Exception code=c0000005 Error log file c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual FoxPro

7\vfp7err.log
Called from - gpupdate line 159 {z.\glc\prgs\procsmic.prg z:\glc\prgs\prgsmic.fxp}
called from - cmdsaveall.click line 6 z:\glc\class\smicbutt.vct z:\glc\class\smicbutt.vct}
called from - pscrn1.cmdsaveall1.clisk line 81 {z:\glc\forms\prscrn1.sct z:\glc\forms\pscrn1.sct}
called from - ON... line 0 {}
called from - main line 177 {z:\glc\main.prg z:\glc\main.fxp

The error occurs only occassionally and always when the user does a save operation. Thanks!

1) If you have developed on VFP9, then best way is to compile an executable and use the free distribution to run the application using VFP9 instead of running it using VFP7. Your programmer must be able to do this easily.

2) The reason for suggestion 1 is that there are many possible reasons why that c00...5 error will appear. just have a peep into this...

3)Notice that VFP service pack 3 applied could solve number of such issues, though i suggest the point 1 which could even take care of more such issues.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back