Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Error: System.obj not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljh

Programmer
May 9, 2001
US

When I tried to complie and run a simple code, I got such an error message: System.obj not found. Can anybody tell me what is it? How can I handle it? I installed Borland C++ 5.0 Professional. Using the searching tool in windows, I cannot find such a file (system.obj) either.

Thanks!

An *.Obj file is an object file that is created after compiling a program but before it is linked with system libraries. Somehow the object file was not created. How did you try to compile the program? If is was from a command prompt, put the line here so we can help you out.
James P. Cottingham

Thank you for your input. I am a new user of BCB though I was an advanced Borland C++ user 8 years ago. A book which is called "teach yourself BCB in 24 hours" says that if I open the BCB, change the title of form1 to "hellow something", and click the "RUN" botton, then I can run the program and get a window with the title of "hello". I followed the instruction, but didn't get the result. I just got a fatal error message: system.obj not found.

I don't know if you have solved the problem, but I got the same error in Delphi when it was installed in a NT machine under the Administrator login and I logged in as a different user and tried to run delphi.
I found that the error vanished when the directories were properly set in the environment settings.

Hth
Welcome to the Pythian Games!
Long live Godess Athena!
dArktEmplAr of Delphi Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back