Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Farm with applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

rataxes

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2001
SE
I have a problem, when i start my program neighborhood and refresh application in a farm i will get a desktop login.
I don't get application in farm.
And i don't get the farm in "application set to load", i have to specify IPadresses to the servers.
It's 2 Citrix win2k sp2 and one Wts sp2.

Please help me.

It sounds like the browse lists are not updating properly. Do you have one of the 3 servers set to always become Master Browser? If it is the WTS box, the W2k boxes will override that.

I hope this helps. If you need more information, please provide further details of your setup - where are you connecting from (LAN, WAN, Dialup, Web), which client are you using, and how are the applications set up?

I've tried to set WTS to not try to become masterbrowser. But no luck. I still get the normal logon window instead of applications. I connect from a Lan with latest client and applications does work as they would. I users dont change user they wont have to refresh published appl. and won't get this problem, they can still work with the applications.
Is it possibly a DNS/WINS problem?

If DNS or WINS aren't setup correctly, then yes, this will cause big problems.

Checklist for this:

Clients (first, unless they're 100% DHCP)
Servers (I've seen a few cases where just one server had an incorrect DNS setting and this upset all the servers on the same subnet).
DNS/WINS server tables, remembering to check reverse lookup tables as well.

Also, which NT TSE service pack are you running? It should be 6, and your W2k servers should be at SP1.

Do you have other W2k servers running Microsoft's load-balancing? I have found this to interfere with ICA browsing.

Lastly, are the Terminal Servers all on the same subnet? I found on one site that changing the NICs to talk half instead of full duplex solved a few similar issues.

I hope this information is useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back