Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

beth4530

Technical User
May 5, 2011
US
How would I write an expression to count if X = Y?

That doesn't make sense. There's nothing to count in x being equal to y. Only a boolean of true or false.

What are you counting?

If these are a series of elements you wish to find you which have a specified value, we need to see code. Is this an array? Is it a object?

Be more specific if you want actual answers.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Sorry- As you can tell I have no experience with Java. We have a dashboard app that has the option of using java script expressions and I'm trying to do a count based on different field values. We have a field in the data source called "Proc_Code". I need to count if the Proc_Code = "EVAL" .

JAVA is a completely different thing to Javascript.

We have a field in the data source called "Proc_Code". I need to count if the Proc_Code = "EVAL"

What do you need to count? The contents of the field? Are there many fields with that name that you need to count?

I still don't really understand what you are really asking.

Counting implies there's more than one thing you wish to check the value of, so far you've only given us one thing, so no counting there is possible.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back