Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhach31

Programmer
Aug 28, 2007
US
Hi all,

I have a report which has three subreports. Is there anyway to export each subreport into Different tab (Different page in excel) when exporting to Excel. My environment is Crystal Reports XIR1 and DB2 database. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Sudha

I have looked and looked for this function, and it does not exist in Crystal. You'll need to use some sort of 3rd party program to export a report into multiple tabs. Millet (Visual Cut) software is one that i'll likely be going with, but there are others. check out this site to get you started.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Tatertot for the valuable info. I have gone through the forums earlier i found this website. But i want to know is it possible through Crystal or not.Thanks for clarifying me again.

The way it works is that you right your report in Crystal. Say you have 50 grocery stores, create a group and place a sales chart for each group. The idea would be to have each chart take it's own tab. The report runs in Crystal, but a third party program will "burst" it onto the each tab in excel. The answer to your question isn't a real yes or no. Crystal can't perform the bursting function alone, but with the help of a 3rd party program, you can force Crystal to do this.

Ever notice that Crystal is never really "yes or no", it always something in between?

Hi Tatertot

Finally i got the approval from my manager to buy the product. I have downloaded the trail version and installed and tried to export the report, but i am not successful. If yoy dont mind, if you are using this software Could you please help me in how to use this software like how to access crystal reports from the server, schduling, exporting, bursting and so on. I have gone through the manual that they have given. I didnot understand and didnot find some screens that appeared in Manual.

Thanks
Sudha

Sudha, Why not contact Ido Millet directly? He's a regular contributor to this site, and probably more than willing to help.

-LB

Okie Lbass I will contact him directly and discuss with him how to configure his software with my servers.

Thanks
Sudha

APOS has a report package tool that will also do what you are wanting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back