Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a Call Pilot VM; MOV command

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozan

Programmer
Mar 10, 2005
US
Is there any way to export a VM off the call pilot and onto a file and ultimately to a cd?

I've heard and read old post about the MOV command, I've never experienced any problems with this command, what's he deal with this?

Do you have desktop messaging set up? If so, you can save the voicemail as a wave file to your C: drive.

The mov command is for moving sets from one TN to another. Any set except for an ACD set, which will need to be outed, then rebuilt on a new TN. Corruption occurs when you make any changes to an ACD set. Always out and rebuild these types.

I am going to ride Eddie's shirt tails on this one... If you have the Desktop Manager you can save the VM as a .wav file, then use a program, such as Audicity to convert it to a mp3 if you need a different format.

Another solution is a small device called a "Skutch" box. You put your handset cord inline with it and then setup a recording device to it.

Jamie2's skutch box idea works well too. Your handset plugs into the skutch box, and the skutch plugs into your mic port on the PC. Then you can use voice recorder which is pretty standard on all PC's, to save to your C: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back