Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohans

Programmer
Aug 21, 2001
US
I'm a newbie to Foxpro. Is there a way that I can export a Foxpro DB so that I can import (or convert it) to a SQL DB such as MySQL? All I could find were ways to export it to other version of Foxpro. Thanks.

You can "export" a FoxPro table in a number of different formats - see the HELP file for the EXPORT command and the COPY TO command. Additionally you could use the ODBC drivers to open the .DBF files in whatever environment you are working, and "move" the data into whatever format you have access to.

Rick

Surely MySQL will import delimited files. So I'd think if you export the FoxPro file to a delimited file you can import it into MySQL. You should be looking at the COPY TO command to give you the sort of file you need.

Dave Dardinger

I will look into these. Will either of these suggestions create the tables for me in the destination DB, or will they have to already exist? I'd like to avoid writing the ddl. Thanks.

No, you'll have to create your own MySQL tables. If this isn't a onetime thing, consider a program like Data Junction - it can convert many file types to other file types.

Rick

Thanks. It's a onetime thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back