Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to RTF - why the frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anslack

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
I am exporting a report to RTF and Word (Exact Format) from Crystal Reports 8.5, and both exports show each line inside a Frame, instead of just the text required. In the original RPT file, each statement/formula is inside a text box.

Is there a way to export to RTF/DOC without frames around each item (i.e. just the text inside the original text box)?

The reason is that it is very difficult to programmatically analyse and extract data from these frames, compared with 'plain text' in a document.

I have the latest export DLLs from the Crystal website...

I have same problem. In order to edit file, I export it to .txt file edit it and then save or apply modification to .doc(.rtf) file.

If you would find any fixes, please post.

I'm having the same problem and need to get rid of the frames:

We have a Crystal report that they export in a 'Word (Exact) Format'. When users open it in Word, all of the fields show in 'frames.'

They can select and right-click on the field/frame and go to FORMAT FRAME and select REMOVE FRAME. However, they would have to do this for every single field in the report. Also, some of the formating (spacing) is lost when they do this.

They need to remove the frames in order to edit the report further in Word.

Is there a way to export a nicely formated report from Crystal to Word and have it editable and still look the same, format-wise? I've tried "Rich Text (Exact) Format" too.

Anna Jaeger
iMIS Database Support

Crystal 11 introduces "editable RTF export" format to address this issue.

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

It's very interesting that Crystal is talking about this great new feature, "Export to RTF", when the export to MS Word worked in version 8.5 without the frames. I have been complaining to Crystal from the day I installed v9.0, and have made the decision to go with SQL Reporting Services based largely on their response to my complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back