Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export as Video CD MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HI

I'm just learning to Use Premiere 6 - but I was hoping I would be able to use it to convert AVI Files to MGP - to save my Cequadrat CD Writing software from doing it ever so slowly.

I can't seem to find a way of doing this though - can anyone advise.

Thanks

Steve

If I understand you right, you want to burn the avi onto a cd to play it in your home dvd player? I use Videowave for the conversion avi>mpeg1. The bbMpeg plug in for Premiere will do it, but it seems to take a long time on my pokey machine, and Videowave has worked perfectly so far. You'll need something like Nero Rom burns, or CDCreator (full) to burn the proper VideoCD format. The player won't find the files if they're not in this format. Most players won't read SuperVCD, (too bad) so you'll be making coasters if you try!

hay the panasonic plug will do the trick or even xing plugin
I burn my vcd from that..

Hi - I am in the same boat as you. I use a Pinnacle DV500 capture card, and find that I can successfully make .avi output or print to VHS tape, but 1 minute takes about 700 Mb, which seems an awful lot? Pinnacle has advised me that Premiere can capture only .avi but output as MP2, but I am out of town and have not been able to look into their reference in their manual. Do you have figures of how large a video+sound file should be in these two formats?

Edwin

The new Nero Burning Rom (ver. 5.5.7.2)will burn from AVI and MPEG to VCD therefore no external program to convert from one to another. Hope this helps!

Where does one get the bbMpeg glug-in for Premiere 5.1? 6.0? Nero 5.5.7.2 may convert .avi>.mpeg but how about the possible conflict with my existing Adaptec burning program? EZ Cleaner was mentioned elsewhere as a way to convert to the Mac format - is that as big a compression as mpeg? What is the difference between mpeg, mp2, mp3?

Goto vcdhelp.com they have answered alot of my questions, have compressors and converters availible for download.

Has anyone thought of just making it a streaming file and then saving the appropriate files onto the CD instead? Streaming files don't HAVE to be streamed, you know... it just uses a lower resolution and transfer speed... it's almost exactly like a regular movie file. Try the RealPlayer export option that comes with Premiere 6 by default! (Or even EZ Cleaner)

After buying it, I find that Nero Burning Rom 5.5.7.2 which makes the .avi>mpg conversion while burning, CONFLICTS with other burning programs like Adaptec Easy CD or Direct CD, which are a vital part of my CD making abilities, und which I do not want to uninstall. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back