Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Executing vfp 6.0 .exe files in users computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmeg1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
IT
Hi, I'm new to Vfp 6.0 (I used only vfp 3.0).

Now I converted an application (.exe) from vfp 3.0 to vfp 6.0.

From the vfp 6.0 console it works (making some settings arrangement).

I need to put this .exe file in the user computer.
I need to know which library I must install in the system32 folder on the user computer to make my new .exe vfp6 application to start (I have the following message: cannot locate Microsoft Visual Foxpro Library). If I copy all the dll and fll library on the system32 folder I have the following nmessage: Visual Foxpro Cannot Start. could not load resource.. Press F1 for Help.

I can launch it putting the vfp6.exe file on the application folder and the launch the .exe file from a dos prompt using "c:\apppath\>vfp6 myapp.exe, using in this manner the vfp6.exe as the resource. But I would like to use the correct resouce library file.

I know in vfp 3.0 you just have to copy the vfp300.esl library in the system32 folder and it works.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

gmeg1

Your experience in VFp3.0 should mean that you must know that VFP supplies you with a Setup wizard to install applications on other computers.
Please take the time to read faq184-2644.
Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back