Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Migration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

toniak

MIS
Dec 29, 2004
US
Hi everyone -

This is an odd question - One of the new clients just signed up and to give some history - they had server 2k sbs - it crashed - evidently so bad that the whole system had to be rebuilt and they didn't have the media - our company evidently loaned them a copy of server 2k3 sbs (governement license) - They only had 5 cals and have been having to log out so everyone could get to thier stuff. Thier media finally arrived with 10cals and last night I started building a new server with Server 2k3 and exchange 2k3 both standard editions. I managed to get everything built and configured and began migrating mailboxes. (same domain) After about 6 mailboxes it wouldn't let me move anymore. Now when i choose move mailbox, everything is greyed out. Any ideas what might be going on? Please - any help would be great. I don't want to spend a whole lot of time on this because the customer is pretty broke after a 22 hour crash and having to purchase all new media. Thanks!

Tonia

is the adc connector still functioning? Have you made sure there are no storage limits on the new exchange server?

Any event viewer messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back