Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2000 - Mail Not Sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtanner

ISP
May 29, 2003
AU
The SMTP is receiving mail from the outside world but not sending. It is staying in the que on the server. I have rebooted the server and stoped and restarted the smtp service without any success.

Any ideas anyone

Do you have any errors appearing in your application and system log under event viewer?

The only errors in the event viewer states:A fatal error occured while creating an ssl server credential. I don't use the web server in exchange so I didn't think this would be the source of the problem

Gary

Has anything changed? Are you recieving NDR messages? When you drill down through the System manager what is the name of the queue where the messages are getting stuck? Does the default SMTP virtual server have an error against it or anything?

Have you got SMTP as a Connector in a Routing Group? If so, check the scheduler on it (Right Mouse>Properties>Delivery Options tab for it in the Exchange System Manager) as I had a similar problem on Friday and found that the schedule for the connector had jumped from 'Always Run' to 'Never Run'... Took me a while to think of checking such a simple thing!

Outgoing mail in DNS dependant. Can you browse the internet?
Can you telnet to port 25 on the Exchange server?
If so you may have some bad DNS server linkeded to the default smtp virtual server. In system manager drill down to protocols, smtp, default server, right click and go to delivery/advanced/configure and make sure you have no dns server listed here. They are not necessary it will use the default dns if none listed there.

Brenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back