Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel tab layout formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newatprogramming

Technical User
Mar 5, 2002
US
Any help would be great.

I am trying to findout if there is a way to position the worksheet tabs vertically as opposed to horizontially as thet are set now by default. I am working with probably (15) different worksheets and its kind of a pain to have to scroll back and forth to get to them.

There is a handy little add-in from that you get for free when you sign up for ther newsletter, you only have to give them your @address and then you can download it.

I hope this helps! It helps me for my workbooks with a lot of sheets! [thumbsup2]

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Vertical tabs... I don't know of a way to orient them vertically.

But here are two suggestions...

1) Use Page-Down / Page-Up

a) Hold down <Control> and hit <Page-Down> to go to sheets to the RIGHT.

b) Hold down <Control> and hit <Page-Up> to go to sheets to the LEFT.

If you want to move REAL fast, you can HOLD DOWN the <Page-Down> key, or the <Page-Up> key.

2) Assign range names, with relatively short names - e.g. &quot;r&quot; for revenue, &quot;e&quot; for expenses&quot;, &quot;i&quot; for inventory, etc. (The shorter the name, the faster you can enter it.)

You can then hit the &quot;GoTo&quot; key, followed by the range name, and <Enter>. This will not only take you to the Worksheet, but also to the exact cell (or range-of-cells) to which you assigned the range name.

In case you're not familiar with assigning range names, the method I recommend is:
a) Highlight the cell or range-of-cells
b) Hold down the <Control> key and hit the <F3> key
c) Type the name
d) Hit <Enter>

Hope this helps. Please advise as to how this fits.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back