Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Sheets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

psolis

MIS
Feb 28, 2002
US
How would I be able to edit cells in 1 sheet and hsve it effect the samw cell in another sheet - For example (if I had a column of products and another column of quantity of each product and wanted to change the quantity for widget A, and wanted it to automaticaly change the quantity for widget A on sheet 2) - in other words - have two exact sheets and when changing values on sheet 1, have it also reflect on sheet 2.

Thank You

That's easy. Hold the control key and highlight the second sheet, such that now both sheets are highlighted. Now, anything you do in one will reflect in the other until you deselect the sheet.

Indu

O.K. That worked but now what if I decide to put the quantity in adifferent format (in other words, in a different column) For example, if sheet 1 is my inventory for my company and sheet 2 is a different layout that will be printed out for a customer and I rearange the columns and cells to look different, then wouldn't I have to create formulas for the cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back