Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Charting Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiring

MIS
Jul 3, 2002
US
When I was moving my keyboard, I must have accidentally hit something that loaded a charting creation sheet over my datasheet. Now everytime I open my data sheet file the charting file is on top of my data sheet file and I cannot get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

What have you tried to get rid of it?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a wee mystic is on the loose..
It's a Small Medium at Large! [tongue][/sub]

Skip -- Yes I Have. The only close symbol closes the application and when I reopen the file the only thing visible is the chart template. The clear botton on the chart keyboard only eliminates elements on the template. I do not know where else to look. I tried Help and the MS knowlege base, but could not find anything that addreseed my problem. I should have said no when I initally saved it, but I was 80% done with my work and did not want have to redo it.

Thank you for responding to my post,

Right click on the chart - near the edge. Select Cut.

That's it.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

There are various OBJECTS within the chart. As John has suggested, select near any outer edge to select the Chart Area object and then delete or cut.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a wee mystic is on the loose..
It's a Small Medium at Large! [tongue][/sub]

Skip
Anotherhiggens
That did not work. When right click on the edge a menu drops down cut nor delete appear as options only clear which does not do it,
Thanks for your help.

Again - it has to be very near the edge. Even near the edge, if you click on one of the objects within the chart area (plot area, title, legend, etc.), the closest option you'll see is "clear". But if you click on an empty space near the edge, "Cut" will be an option.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back