Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel Button Font size changes with click

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflachman

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
I created a button with a VBA routine tied to it. The button has always worked perfectly. However, now when I click on the button, the button font size increases. The routine does execute also. If I click again, the font size continues to increase until I can no longer read the text. I am not in design mode.

Incidentally, I recently had my hard drive replaced and excel was reinstalled so I am sure some options were reset to default, but I can't think of an option that would cause this problem.

Any help?

Jonathan

1. What version of Excel are you now using, and what was the previous version?

2. Paste the code that runs behind the button, or at least part of it. Have you tried commenting out part of the code?

3. If this ends up being primarily a VBA code issue, I'd highly suggest reposting (with your code) in the following forum:
forum707

Hi,,
What does the executed code do?

Does it change the column width or row height in this sheet either explicitly or implicitly?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Excel 2007 before and after the HD reformat.
There are three buttons in the sheet with different functions. The behavior is the same with all three buttons. There is no overlap in code.

One only adds fill color to various rows in the sheet (not where the button resides) depending on the value in one column.
One hides / unhides various columns and changes column widths, but not including the area where the button resides.
One only records the column widths and hidden status to a row in a different sheet so the current format can be recreated by the second button.

Jonathan

Check the Format Control > Properties TAB of the button.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Bizarre but I had to reboot my computer for something else and the issue totally went away. It wasn't the code. It must have been some weird MS Excel bug.

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back