Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EU24 Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlucien

Technical User
Jan 30, 2007
US
Has anyone had any problem with the display name associated with one of the buttons on the EU24 just disappearing and then reappearing some time later ? Not all at once...just one name from one button, maybe two. Then they come back, and it happens to some others. So far I have not seen any rhyme or reason to the sequence. It's an irritation more than a huge problem...the actual button still works, you just can't see who you're calling.

This was brought to my attention today, and since this forum has been very helpful before, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks

i have never seen this problem, but my first thing would be may be try another power supply. if that doesnt work, try switching out for another EU24. i would treat it like a phone when trouble shooting it, try the power supply, if thats not it go ahead and try a new EU24.

While not very helpful i have found the Eu24 to be the most failure prone/unreliable of all Avaya's hardware.

try the unit plugged sraight into the system port on the module. If it still happens there then try the power supply, and eu24. If I recall the sequence of plugging things in makes some difference as well.

You might try a different port as well.

i get a new EU24 in lab about once a week and have never had any issues with them 'shrug'

i agree with Gibsonic, i have had multiple EU24 and i have yet to have a DOA.

Once again, thanks for all the ideas. I will try them and let you know what happens. This forum is great.

yes we have had this problem we spoke to supplyer and they said it was the way we logged in and out of extns but this has made no differance changed psu phone and console and ug sys but fault still there

Long shot but I have seen many issues subside when there was issue with grounding. Othe rthan that, delete user, and re-create including the Eu24 programming.

We have had the exact same issue. We have 4 EU24's on the system and they all have buttons that come up missing and then they reappear. Usually unplugging the EU24 from the 5420 and then plugging it back in brings all the buttons back but then they dissapear again. Any help would be appreciated. All 4 are on the 406v2.

the only thing i can find number wise, is that it supports up to eight EU24 on one system. it also makes it very clear to use the cables that came with the EU24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back