Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Phaser 840DX that Maintenance Drawer is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyfp3

Technical User
May 13, 2001
MX
On power up receive the message "Maintenance drawer is missing. Open front cover and insert maintenance drawer A"

There is no problem removing the drawer and have substituted with known good replacements but same message appears.

Visual inspection of both the left and right guides appears they are in good shape and further visual doesn't yield a clue.

Thanks for your help.

did anybody in this forum actually checks the xerox web site????

Verify that the maintenance counter (C2) is installed

If the front panel continues to indicate that the maintenance drawer A is missing even though it is installed in the printer, it means that the blue maintenance counter (C2) (towards the back of the maintenance drawer is missing.

Be sure to install both items in the Maintenance Kit: (C1) the maintenance roller , and (C2) the maintenance counter.

examine the four connector pins (12 KB) inside the back of the counter. The pins should not be bent. If they are not straight, then try bending them back into place and place the counter back into the maintenance drawer A and reinstall the drawer back into the printer.

after that the only solution is get you printer repair by a xerox cetified technician

cheers!

Thaks gedy for your reply and assistance.

You replied before I could get a chance to let everyone know that I had solved the problem.

As mentioned I had substituted two known and working maintenance trays, both including the C2 chips and C1 rollers but that was no help.

The problem was corrected when I removed the right rail and determined that the rail installation was incorrect. The right actualtor was not applying pressure to the black drop down lever/switch. Reassembling it correctly and reinstalling the right rail corrected the problem.

Heaven knows how the rail assembly went kobut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back