Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error not allowing users to drillthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoT

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
NZ
Has anyone ever seen this error?:

"Could not get detail records for this aggregate.
Make sure that permissions to obtain drillthrough records are set properly on the OLAP server."

Our setup at work is we have a web application that uses OWC to access our DataWarehouse. The above error occurs sometimes (I would be happy if it occurred all the time, rather than every now and then), when you make a report, or view an existing one. When you double click on a value, a new window opens and then the error message appears about 30secs later.

The worst thing is that while some users get this problem, others don't, and then each day it may be different.

Yesterday I disabled drillthrough and reprocessed the parent cubes (the error was happening with a virtual cube), then enabled drillthrough and reprocessed the two parent cubes and the cube in question. This fixed the problem, for now, but what I want to know is why is it happening, and how do I permanently fix it?

We checked if it was the version of OWC, but I know our servers have the correct version, and so does my PC, and the majority of our users are on thin client, which has the right version, yet the error occurs on thin client and my machine.

I've only recently taken over the job of maintaining our DataWarehouse, and would appreciate any feedback at all, be it an explanation, or a point towards some good resources.

The guy whose job I took over said that sometimes cubes get corrupt and just need to be reprocessed, however I don't think my superiors find that an acceptable explanation, and if need be, will raise this as a MS fault, so any thoughts from anyone will be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back