Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPO 3 - Update Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboyhope

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2001
GB

I've noticed the odd machine here and there that is already in the domain is being listed when I run the Update Domain task.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anybody have any idea why it happens?

Thanks. :)

Are you using sub-groups and/or IP based administration in your EPO console ?

If so this is causing you to see systems more then once in you console when you update your domain.

The "rooie poon"....is never alone

I am using sub-groups and IP-based admin, yeah.

Why does that lead to the machine being listed twice?

Well,

i wish i had a clear answer for you on that.
Unfortunately i don't and i am having the same problems.

I contacted my Territory Manager Corpotate about this and he did send over a Senior Systems Engineer.

He also couldn't solve the issue and reported this back to the Nai Developers. So i did a work-around (just import your domain a second time and create a auto-update task sending your clients into a "lost and found" folder under all the separate groups. This way you have at least a bit of control over your "domain" update options.

But untill the next version of EPO Nai told me it's either working on IP based management or using Domain management and combining them results into this sort of issues.

I do hope i am wrong however since this would solve a lot of issues for me 2 so if anyone has a sollution for this... ;-)

regards,

The "rooie poon"....is never alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back