Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enhanced Call Center, adding Skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
Setting up a secondary Call Pilot for Enhanced Call Center on a Norstar MICS 7.1 EX. I'm trying to simply assign a CDN to skillset 1 to enable it. No matter what DN I use (unused B1 DN, unequipped B2 DN), I get the message "The Control DN is in use by another device or service." Tried to set it up through the telephone interface, get the message "CANNOT CONTINUE" then "Exit" when I input the DN. Is there a trick to this? I've tried about 20 different DN's that aren't currently in use. Thanks!

Have you tried a DN out of the physical range of the system fully expanded?

I just tried a DN that does not exist in the system, I think that's what you mean. I got a different message "An invalid DN has been entered for either the CDN or the MWI DN." I did not enter anything in the MWI DN field.

Sorry, been stuck on a big cabling job for a few days. I've tried a bunch of different DN's. The first was 2512, from an inactive B2 DN. Then I tried going up from there all the way to 2520 with the same result. Then I tried something like 4999, way outside the range of active DN's. That's when I get the invalid DN error.

you may not have enough mail boxes left. thats the only time i have ever seen the message."The Control DN is in use by another device or service."

NETWT, it's a brand new system, dedicated for call center. It has I believe about 30 available mailboxes. Thanks for the input though. I might try a re-install tomorrow.

Ok i'm trying and getting the same thang as LSnow, and i know i've got enough mailboxes.

Beuler anyone?

Oddly enough, when I went there today, it just... worked. I was able to use the 2511 through 2520 DN range for Skillset CDN's, got no grief from the Call Pilot whatsoever. Weird. Queenthang I hope your problem solves itself like mine did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back