Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enabling additional slots in Jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstorm

MIS
Oct 1, 2001
US
Networker Gurus,

I have an STK 9730 Jukebox that I has 27 slots. Until now, I have only been licensed to use 19 of these slots. I need to make the changes in nwadmin to change the available slots that Networker sees from 19 to 27. How is this done?

TIA

Fist of all you need a license that covers all those slots. Then you should be able to change the number of slots available from the admin GUI.

What are the steps to change the number of available slots?

Right now i can not tell you as i do not have a jukebox present. However, if you look through the configuration parameters, is should not be difficult to find out yourself. Remember that, especially on the NW Admin GUI for Windows you have the "Field Help" option to explain every parameter.

Good luck.

Help in nwadmin was not useful for this problem. When I do: nwadmin:Media->Jukeboxes->View->Details->Available Slots->

and try to change the value from 1-19 to 1-27, I get an error: "available range '1-27' must be contained in '1-19'.

I tried: nsradmin -c "type: NSR jukebox"
Options->Hidden->Available Slots-> and recevied the same error.

Any hints?

K two ways you can do this.

1. Delete the juke box and re-add it with the new license.

or

2. Shutdown networker manually edit the license file, but i don't recommend doing it.

RV

I think there is another parameter called "total slots" which you must change first. Before this, you will not be able to increase the "availble slots". Don't forget that these parameters are not visible by default - you have to select "View - Details" or "Display hidden attributes".

We have an Overland Autochanger with 17 slot and we only use the 9 of them(We have a 9 slot licens). They only way we can make NW accept the Autochanger is by setting the Autochanger to "reserve" 8 slots that cannot be used (17 - 8 = 9). Maybe your jukebox have the same feature ?
NW was able to detect our Autochanger configuration by it self. ("Set Up Server" > "Device configuration" . "Enable = yes", "Search = yes". And then let the server search for the device(s) itself).

My nwadmin display does not have the options that nokker described. I am running an old version of Networker )6.0.1).
I may need to reinstall with jbconfig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back