Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

puss1946

Vendor
Jul 3, 2014
US
I have a customer with a IP office with embedded voicemail that had been working with notification but stopped a while back.
I tried setting it up with different ip address and ports. When I watch the monitor it comes back with no starttls and R-7 doesn't have a box to check. Do I have to up grade the sd card.Can I recreate the SD card with my release 11.0 or do I have to get a new SD card. I don't want to try it until I know it will work. will probably have to reprogram anyways.

R-7 Basic

thanks

You may be in the wrong forum. Basic isn't embedded. R7 probably does support starttls. You can set probably up a local email relay that supports TLS. But I would check the IPO forum...[smile]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

budbyrd said:
Basic isn't embedded.

Huh? Basic mode can ONLY be embedded so not sure where that is coming from. R7 does not support StartTLS in basic mode or standard mode. You would need to setup a relay if you are in R7 for this to work (I have used Stunnel in the past but not in basic mode). If you can upgrade to R11 you would gain the functionality but R11 basic mode was a mess it has some issues in and of itself. R11.1 is a mess period but I have not even tried basic mode. Also to upgrade to R11 you would need to pay for an upgrade license your system is locked into R7 at this point (or you can purchase a brand new IP 500 V2).

budbyrd said:
But I would check the IPO forum.
Sorry but that is just bad advice. If you have a basic mode system (which it sounds like you do) then this is the correct forum and that would be the wrong forum. The programming is very different. Sadly I am about the only person who really helps much on basic mode systems and I have been out with a nasty head cold.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Instead of getting a new IP 500 couldn't I erase configuration and reprogram from there. Can I transfer the file that is on my laptop to the unit so I don't have to reprogram the whole thing'

Thanks

The IP 500 V2 is "locked" into R7 if you try to run a higher release it will say unlicensed and not allow you to do anything. You could pay for an upgrade license or you could buy a new IP 500 V2 which comes "unlocked" and allows you to run whatever release you like(and the cost is probably fairly similar). Once you make a single call the system is then locked into that version and there is no way to unlock it moving forward.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back