Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Editing a macro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahara666

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
CA
I have a macro that needs to be changed on a regular basis (the macro updates the F1 - F4 keys). I don't want the user to have access to the database menu where all the tables and queries are listed, but I need them to change the macro on a daily basis. Does anyone know if its possible to have a form access the macros in order to edit them or is there some other way to just pop up the design view of a macro?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
J.

Why on earth are you:-

A) Using Macros

B) Needing the user go go anywhere near them

?????????????????

Let us know WHAT they are changing and what these Macros are doing for you and a much neater solution can be found.

The macro that they are using is just an autokey thing. Basically they use this macro to insert dates.

For e.g.
F1 = todays date = 05/21/02
F2 = tomorrows date = 05/22/02
F3 = yesterdays date = 05/20/02

They need to be able to be quick with inserting dates, so the person goes into the macro and changes it on a daily basis..

Thanks for your help. If we can make this process more efficient that would be great!!

J.

Cannot you just hard code the macro and use the date()function to return todays date, date+1 for tomorows date and date()-1 for yesterdays date etc, etc.?

Andy

Andy,

I can't do that. Those dates I gave you were for example purposes only. They usually need dates of 3/4 days later. It changes pretty much on a daily basis.

They are entering information into a form and the info isn't always the same - which is why they created the macro.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back